History of Speaking Engagements
Invited Talks at Conferences
Invited Colloquia and Seminars
Contributed Talks at Conferences
Invited Talks at Conferences
- "Molecular Cloud Fragmentation and the IMF", European Week of Astronomy and Space Science 2017, Prague, Czech Republic, June 27, 2017.
- "Molecular Cloud Fragmentation and the IMF", Francesco's Legacy: Star Formation in Space and Time, Florence, Italy, June 5, 2017.
- "Stellar Mass Accretion" , Workshop on Stellar Clusters, Hyderabad, India, February 23, 2017.
- "The Stellar Initial Mass Function" , Winter School on Astronomy, Hyderabad, India, February 20, 2017.
- "Low Mass Star Formation", Star Formation in Different Environments, Quy Nhon, Vietnam, July 25, 2016.
- "The Burst Mode of Accretion in Primordial Star Formation" , European Week of Astronomy and Space Science 2016, Athens, Greece, July 4, 2016.
- "Magnetic Fields and Dense Core Formation" , Diffuse Matter in the Galaxy, Magnetic Fields, and Star Formation, Madison, WI, May 26, 2016.
- "The Migrating Embryo Model of Protostellar Disk Evolution" , Astronomy at Taj 2016, Workshop on Star Formation, Agra, India, February 18, 2016.
- "Molecular Cloud Fragmentation and Core Collapse", International Astronomical Union General Assembly, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, August 5, 2015.
- "Gravitational Instability in Early Disk Evolution and the Formation of Clumps,
Companions, and Free Floating Objects" , The Origins of Planetary Systems: from the Current View to New Horizons, NAOJ, Mitaka, Japan, June 3, 2015.
- "The Effect of Magnetic Fields on Fragmentation and the Core Mass Function ", Early Life of Stellar Clusters, Copenhagen, Denmark, November 4, 2014.
- "Magnetic Fields from Cloud Fragmentation to Disks" , Early Phase of Star Formation 2014, Ringberg Castle, Germany, June 4, 2014.
- "Early Solar System Evolution and the Formation of Brown Dwarfs and Giant Planets" , Frontiers of Fundamental Physics Symposium, Hyderabad, India, November 14, 2013.
- "Non-ideal Magnetohydrodynamics and the Formation of Disks" ,Magnetic Fields from Cloud Cores to Protostellar Disks, Heidelberg, Germany, May 23, 2013.
- "Magnetic Fields and the Formation of Cores and Disks" , New Trends in Radio Astronomy in the ALMA Era, Hakone, Japan, December 4, 2012.
- "Brown Dwarf Formation by Disk Fragmentation" , 50 Years of Brown Dwarfs, Ringberg Castle, Germany, October 23, 2012.
- "Circumstellar Disk Evolution, Clump Formation, and its Effects on Planet Formation", Workshop on the Formation of the First Solids in the Solar System, Kauai, Hawaii, November 7, 2011.
- "Magnetic Field Dissipation and the Formation of Circumstellar Disks" , MHD and Star Formation Workshop, Ann Arbor, Michigan, June 18, 2011.
- "Disks: Formation to Fragmentation" , NAOJ Star Formation Workshop, Mitaka, Japan, February 24, 2011.
- "Star Formation Theory" , Winter School on Star Formation, NAOJ, Mitaka, Japan, February 21, 2011.
- "Clouds to Cores to Protostars: the Influence of Magnetic Fields" , The Origin of Stellar Masses, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain, October 18, 2010.
- "Magnetic Diffusion Enhanced Star Formation" , IAU Symposium 270: Computational Star Formation, Barcelona, Spain, June 1, 2010.
- "Molecular Cloud Support, Turbulence, and Star Formation in the Magnetic Field Paradigm" , From Stars to Galaxies: Connecting Our Understanding of Star and Galaxy Formation, Gainesville, FL, April 7, 2010.
- "Magnetic Fields in Dense Cores: Recent Past and Present" , Dense Cores in Dark Clouds LXV: Symposium in Honor of Phil Myers, Newport, RI, October 22, 2009.
- "Molecular Cloud Fragmentation regulated by Self-gravity, Magnetic Fields, Ambipolar Diffusion, and Nonlinear Flows" , Star Formation Rate@50, Spineto, Italy, July 9, 2009.
- "Magnetic Fields and Star Formation: Recent Progress and Future Tests" , invited review, The Early Phases of Star Formation 2008, Ringberg Castle, Germany, July 29, 2008.
- "Fragmentation Regulated by Magnetic Fields, Ambipolar Diffusion, and Turbulence" , The Formation and Evolution of Stellar Clusters, Toledo, OH, June 7, 2008.
- "Cloud Core Formation Due to Magnetic Fields, Ambipolar Diffusion, and Nonlinear Flows", The Cosmic Agitator: Magnetic Fields in the Galaxy, Lexington, KY, March 29, 2008.
- "The Role of Magnetic Fields, Ambipolar Diffusion, and Turbulence in Fragmentation", Ontario Star Formation Jamboree, Toronto, ON, February 28, 2008.
- "Gravitational Collapse and Star Formation", Naramata Summer School on the Interstellar Medium, Naramata, BC, August 29, 2007.
- "The Early Phase of Star Formation: Final Discussion," Early Phase of Star Formation, Ringberg Castle, Bavaria, Germany, Sept 1, 2006.
- "Cores to Disks to Protostars", 16th Kingston Theoretical Astrophysics meeting, July 19, 2006.
- "The Role of Magnetic Fields and Turbulence in the IMF", discussion leader, IMF@50, Spineto, Italy, May 19, 2004.
- "The Role of Magnetic Fields in the Formation of Molecular Cloud Cores", invited talk, The Young Local Universe, LaThuile, Italy, March 24, 2004.
- "From clouds to cores: Magnetic field effects on the structure of molecular gas", invited talk, Star Formation 2002: Magnetohydrodynamics, Radiation Diagnostics, and Chemistry Conference, Taipei and Taroko Gorge, Taiwan, June 12, 2002.
- "Magnetic fields and the structure of prestellar cores", invited talk, at Star Formation 2000: From Protostellar Cores to Planetary Systems, Ringberg Castle, Germany, June 22, 2000.
- "Core and cluster formation by ambipolar diffusion in magnetic interstellar clouds", invited talk. From Darkness to Light: Origin and Evolution of Young Stellar Clusters, Cargese, Corsica, France, April 3, 2000.
- "The effect of the protostellar environment on star formation", invited talk, Galaxy Formation and Cosmic Star Formation History, Hamilton, Canada, October 16, 1998.
- "Answers and questions arising from magnetic collapse models", invited talk, Gravitational Collapse leading to Star Formation, Toronto, Canada, October 4, 1998.
- "Modeling of the disk-halo interaction in our galaxy", invited talk, New Perspectives on the Interstellar Medium, Naramata, B.C., Canada, August 25, 1998.